Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Dress look alike

I have been in love with this dress from Spool 72 since the second I saw it. But $54.00 is just too much for my cheap ass. I always have certain items in mind while out shopping and had been searching for a coral colored skirt.
I found this for just $4. I feel like a weight loss add the way I'm holding it around me. It is much more coraly then the red it appears in this pic.
I hacked about half of the width off and shortened it. I really wished it would have been a full length maxi skirt though! It is weird material where it looks all wrinkled up but it's supposed to be that way. Anyway here is my version of the dress-
Now that I see myself in this I think I will
1. wear shoes next time
2. alter the skirt a little more to fit better, the waist is awkward and I'd like to shorten it a tad more.
Also don't mind me not having a head, I was having a bad face day.

Lacey =)

13 comments:

Shannon Olson said...

The skirt looks great! If you have extra material left you should make the bow/sash that was on the first dress. I like the bad face day ahahha I feel like that is every day =)

The Zoomy's... said...

Awesome job Lacey, your version looks really great!! I agree with Shannon on the sash /belt thingy...

Take care
Mel

Lacey said...

You know, about 3 days after I finished this skirt, I realized I wanted to do exactly that. I threw the extra away and I'm so mad! I would totally trash dig but the truck took it away ahha

Changing Lanes said...

with the price difference ~ it is better then the original! :)

Alissa said...

So, so cute! Love it when you can make something for a fraction of the original! Especially love that coral color. So summery!

Mel said...

Great job! I've been wanting that dress from Spool too! Now I know a way that I can get it! :)

Annie @ Wattlebird said...

hahaaha that second pic definitely looks like a Jenny Craig commercial or something. But the finished product turned out really cute!

Linda Z said...

I've been looking for a coral skirt, too! Great job on you redo! Looks adorable! :)

No Model Lady said...

Genius! I like the length!

Momma of The B.M.C. Report said...

LOVE it! I am cracking up about the bad face day. Hilarious! xoxox

Anna said...

ohmygoodness, that dress is gorgeous! but you're right, too pricey for a summer dress (it's sold out anyway!) - nice work with your sewing - you look fantastic even without your head! ps totally know what you mean, i have a bad face day almost everyday!

www.simplystylishmom.com

Jamie said...

You did a great job on the dress. I don't think the waist looks awkward at all.

Rainbow Bekah said...

A-MAZING! You did a fantastic job and I think you have a beautiful face. :0)