Saturday, May 7, 2011

Day Tripping

We took a day trip to Catalina last week!  It was Keith and I and our friends Lindsay and Wes. We took the Catalina Flyer out of Newport Beach. 
Luckily we planned ahead and took a taxi there so we wouldn't need to drive home. 
Our whole mission for the day was to have an adventure and party...hard!


Here we are on the boat in Newport Harbor on our way!!
 
Our first stop was.... well I cant remember lol But I know I had a mojito!!  

It was so beautiful out!! And... they serve drinks on the sand!!!! I think we were having some mai tai type drink on steroids. Haha I forget the name but that's kinda how the bartender described it! Perfect, I'll take two!! 


Sooooo.... after the sandy beach excursion we tried to find this happy hour place that was up the hill, off the main tourist road.  We walked up and couldn't find it. So we headed back down the hill... hitch-hiking on our way!!  We got picked up by this guy!!  His nick name was Santa Clause. He took us to the happy hour that we were looking for and brought us back to the boat in time!! He was super friendly!!  


So the boat ride home must have been a blast!! If only I could remember it!

And finally we made it home safely thank god for taxi drivers!!
Mission Accomplished!!!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Thanks for visiting my blog :). Looks like fun and I'm so jealous you are in Southern California. Some day I will live there....

Sarah said...

So jealous of the weather there! It's just been raining like crazy here! What a fun day though! :D :D

Lacey said...

OMG Amanda I am cracking up!! You sure know how to party. The last picture of you passed out on the floor with the dirty feet, hilarious!

MusingMom6 said...

Sounds like Fun!

Visiting from the Blog Frog
http://musingmom6.com/2011/05/a-new-kind-of-blog-tour/