Sunday, April 17, 2011

I survived a remodel

After about two months of living in a mess, we finally have a kitchen! Just to remind you guys, here is the before shot. We had metal cabinets, the double oven that never worked, limited cabinet space and junk everywhere. Now everything works, I don't have to store my food in a dresser and I have much more counter space to work with. We tried to do as much ourselves as possible and if we couldn't we tried to get the best deal we could find. We did the tile floor and cleared all old cabinets ourselves. Had a guy custom build the cabinets to fit. Had a friend get us wholesale prices on the granite and his guy to come out and do the cuts and installation. My hubby is still finishing up the back splash, and of course that classroom style light will be gone. I have the kitchen of my dreams but didn't spend my life savings on it.


We busted this wall out. Yes I am wearing sunglasses, and a scarf for protection, 5 minutes later I put socks on my hands because of all the chunks that were flying at me. I love how opened up it is, that and now I can watch Teen Mom and cook at the same time. The wall is still unfinished. That big white ghost in the window is dust from when we cut the wall. Maybe one day we'll clean that. So now I should be back to the blog and hopefully I can keep up again! I survived the remodel and were still married =P
Lacey


Linking up with House of Hempworths

5 comments:

Shannon Olson said...

Lacey the kitchen looks awesome!!
Your house looks like a million dollars=)

Natalia Lynn said...

This looks great! Thanks so much for linking up!

Amy said...

Very nice! My kitchen looks more like the before haha. Thanks for sharing with us :)

Shalyn said...

It looks so Pretty! Great job :)

Natalia Lynn said...

I featured your remodel on my blog today! You can grab a featured button! And we have another link up going on, hope to see you there!