Sunday, March 20, 2011

Some Yummy Cake

On Sunday I made a cake recipe that my mom had sent me months ago.  Sorry to say I have no idea where she got the recipe from, but the cake is delicious and I insist that you make this cake! Now lol !

Oatmeal Cake Recipe
1-1/4 cups boiling water
1-cup oatmeal
1-1/2 cups flour
1- teaspoon baking soda
1/2- teaspoon salt
3/4- teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 - teaspoon nutmeg
1- teaspoon vanilla
2- eggs
1/2 cup butter
1- cup sugar -granulated
1- cup brown sugar

Topping
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup coconut (optional)
3 tablespoons milk
1/3 cup chopped nuts  ( pecans or walnuts )

Directions
Combine the boiling water and the oatmeal in a separate bowl, let cool.  Cream together  butter, sugars, add vanilla & eggs and beat well. Add the cool oatmeal mixture & beat well , Add flour , spices , salt , baking soda then mix to combine

Do not over beat .  pour into a well greased & floured 9 inch square cake pan, Bake 55 minutes to 1 hour 
at 350 F,  cake springs back when touched in center .
Do not remove cake from pan. Combine all Topping ingredients in a small bowl and stir well, spread evenly over cake. Broil until topping is very bubbly and Golden Brown.



1 comment:

beeswax said...

That cake looks great! I haven't tried to make it yet because of my diet. I found it on the Bachelor chat room. The chatters got off subject and started talking about food, and someone put up this recipe, and everyone loved it.
Funny!