Sunday, March 6, 2011

A New Zealand Before and After

Last year in August we moved from living with flat mates to living in our own place.
We had literally nothing but clothes and a few kitchen utensils, so being the thrifty person I am I hit up all the fabric and second hand stores.

When we first moved in the windows were bare and the apartment was and still sorta is ugly ahhaha.
I made some curtains with some discounted fabric I found.


Below is a picture of us crafting away.  Well Grant is not crafting he is just working on a painting.

These candle stick holders were found at a thrift store for 1 dollar.
The gold did not go with our place but in the end black doesn't really either hahahha
I might re paint them again who knows
Last but not least I found this tray and the second I saw it I knew what I would use it for.
I computer tray!  I spray painted it a brighter blue and found some material that I glued into the opening.
My computer loves it!!!


Last night I accidentally slammed my finger in the car door, so you can imagine how hard this was to type lol.
Half of the cousins are in Vegas so I thought I would fill in on another Shannon post.
P.S. if you want to read about my finger situation go to Talks a Lot =)

1 comment:

Erin said...

I love this idea! I found your blog at the DIY Showoff. You have such great ideas and I'm your newest follower! I'd love it if you'd follow me back: http://stillwaterstory.blogspot.com/

Again, you did a fantastic job!! :-)