Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Life during a redo

I interrupt this blog of cute clothes, projects and kids to show you the dump I like to call my home. We are in week 4 of the kitchen redo and it's not close to being pretty yet. Were now living without a kitchen at all. I do dishes in the laundry sink, all food must be microwavable and then there is the mess...

The spare room is full of the kitchen stuff, Brandon's clothing and any other random thing you can think of.
The back porch is a danger area with piles of the old floor with nails sticking up and random tools everywhere.
The dining room with a dishwasher, oven and piles of crap. There is only one chair that has enough space to sit down and eat at.
We ripped the old floor up and had to remove in this order - linoleum-plywood-linoleum-linoleum.
Brandon has almost all of the new floor laid down.
So we don't know exactly when our new cabinets are coming but we still have a bit of stuff to do before they can be put in.
-finish tiling and grout
-move a light switch to other side of the wall
-patch walls and spray texture
Can't wait until I have pictures of the finished product and I don't have to live hoarder style anymore =)
Lacey


4 comments:

beeswax said...

Lacey, it's amazing what you can endure when you're young. Good thing you're doing it now. I would have to leave on vacation and return to it all done. It's going to be beautiful when completed and you both will have all the good memories of doing it yourselves. You should be happy that Brandon is so crafty, so are you.

Shannon Olson said...

OMG that is a mess hahhaha I would also have to eat every meal out to cope! It reminds me of what our place looked like when we moved, litterally crap everywhere. When it is done you will be so happy and who knows you might even rearrange everything since it will be hard to remember where it all came from.

Shannon Olson said...

I don't know why but when I first read this I thought it said life in a rodeo like cow boys? hahhahah
funny I leave comments on my own blog hahahhah get a life right?

It's Sew You! llc said...

Can't wait to see the "after" photos although,I'm loving your dishwasher in your dining room.

I'm one of your new followers. Met you on Blog Frog. Good luck with your project! .... Nancy