Saturday, February 5, 2011

The magic's in the paint can

I love to shop at thrift stores, you never know what unique items you might find and even just looking at all the junk is fun. Most of the home decorations I have are from thrift stores but almost everything I buy gets a fresh coat of paint. I've learned to look past an ugly design or funky color because you can pretty much cover anything. Here are a few things I have spray painted to fit into my house -

I got this table for $12. Spray paint, distressed and added a stencil.
This mirror is one of my favorite finds. Spray paint and glazed to show details.
I ordered the Cookies vinyl from Shelley at


Photobucket


Goodnight sun-

Cheese dome + a candle stick =
So long St. Patricks Day sign -
For this I covered the picture art with chalkboard spray paint, then covered the cork in fabric.
Have a great weekend!
Lacey

7 comments:

Elisabeth said...

You're amazing! That stuff looks awesome- thanks for the inspiration!

Lisa said...

Those are such great ideas! Thanks for sharing!

Home Made Quilts By Granny said...

LOVED THE PICTHER. TRISH

Natalie Lord said...

These are beyond awesome! I love thrifting as well, wish I had more time to transform things though! Fab job!

Pamela Gordon said...

Wow! I love all your ideas! They look really nice. It's amazing what bargain finds and a little spray paint can become. Pamela

Amber @ Lucky Lees to Be ♥ said...

I found ya'll through the Blog Guidebook. I like to think of myself as a professional blog stalker lol, NOT the creepy kind, wow that sounded creepy sorry! I really enjoy your posts! I'm now following!

http://luckylees2b.blogspot.com

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

love that little quatrefoil table! so cute- and the mirror just below it is divine!
please don't forget to add my button to your party links in your sidebard. much appreciated!