Monday, February 14, 2011

Bee my Valentine

Happy Valentine's Day!

someecards.com - I want to grow old and disgusting with you

After work I came home to a trail of rose pedals....leading to the rest of the flowers that those pedals got torn from! hahah! Really, we aren't huge on the holiday but we do enjoy candy and dinner together. After eating all the caramel candies from the big heart box I went straight to my coffee table I've been repainting. Almost every piece of furniture I have is on its second color. Table started out natural wood, then went to this -

I changed it because the brown paint, for some reason never fully dried and was sticky and starting to peel off. So I decided to go for a white, old worn look that hopefully lightens the room, since that's my new thing. Here is the best picture I could get since it was already night time.
I threw my flowers up there for 2 seconds before Dean could get his hands on them! I think the paint I used was semi gloss, so it is shinier but cleans easier and isn't sticky and it hasn't even been 24 hours. Then I mixed glaze with a dark brown paint and went over all the cracks and grooves, wiping with a damp cloth to make it look worn. Last I sanded all the edges and that's it!


So our Valentine's went something like this-

While I worked on my table Dean drove a monster truck through the wet paint.

The hubby started to BBQ dinner and then the propane ran out.

Dean ripped 4 keys off my laptop keyboard.

Brandon knocked a glass candle jar that shattered all over the bathroom.

Dean peed on the floor.

I had to vacuum 3 times in 3 hours.


Ok I'm a little obsessed with these hilarious cards.

Lacey



7 comments:

beeswax said...

Sounds like the perfect Valentine's Day. The table looks great, I like the lighter color. You sure have your hands full there.

Mel said...

Ooh, you coffee table is the same as ours, except ours has a natural waxed wood top!

I'm a huge bluntcard fan... they are soooo funny!!

Mel

PS we are back in the US in 7 weeks and thanks to your Salton Sea trip we are making that one of our destinations!! Looks kinda fascinating...

Lacey said...

Hey Mel! Kathy sent me an email about that. She probably already told you, but I think you should plan it out to spend a day down in that area and take the RV to one of the camp grounds to stay. They have natural hot springs, Salvation Mt, the sea. There is information online about the different places to camp and then you could drive back through San Diego it's really pretty. You can always email me if you want any info! We should get together when you come down =)

Shannon Olson said...

I love this post sounds like a funny day! I feel like I was there with the way you wrote it I can just imagine what it was like!

Shalyn said...

Oh Man what a day LOL Why does the propane always run out when you have a nice dinner planned...that happens to us all the time LOL The table looks great :)

robyn said...

I love your brown striped curtains! Do you mind sharing where you got those?

Love the table too! It looks great!! :)

Susan @ homeroad.net said...

Lacey, it's beautiful! Big improvement! Good work. Come stop by, I'm having a giveaway!
Susan