Thursday, February 10, 2011

Awkward and Awesome

Awkward

Shannon and Amanda on left and Lacey on Right
My dad pulling his pants down in front of everyone to show his full body rash. - Lacey


Listening to my husband stumble through a fake story over the phone to our landlord about why were bringing a giant purebred doberman pinscher dog home right now! "So I just wanted to let you know that we got a puppy" Landlord,"oh you did?" Husband," My aunt just went to jail (lie number 1) so we had to rescue her dog" landlord, "haha well that is pretty extreme maybe you wont have it for that long then" husband, "yeah well who knows what she did it could be along time" landlord,"well what kinda dog is it?" husband," ummmmmmmm I'm not sure? maybe a lab mixed with a little doberman?" (lie number 2) the even more awkward part was when the landlord saw me and the dog outside!! I was crossing my fingers he didn't ask how Keith's fake aunt was doing.- Amanda

Taking Dean to an amusement park and ending up on the same rides with a lady and her kid who was way too young to enjoy rides. He just kicked and screamed the whole time, every time. - Lacey

Drunk in a hammock

When you flush the toilet and the water sprays out onto your leg... Yuck!-Shannon

Getting locked out of my office while a customer was on hold. The Edison man had perfect timing and he picked the lock for me. 10 minutes later and the lady was still waiting on the phone - Lacey

When moms arm wrestle Lacey's mom on left and Shannon's mom on right

It was awkward the other day when I was buying some sun glasses and I swiped my debit card, but then put in the wrong card code and the cashier had to start all over while everyone in line waited-Shannon

Awesome

Family Gatherings

Going to a birthday dinner party on a week day that turned out to be a real wild party-Shannon

Potty training Dean and he actually doesn't pee on the floor. - Lacey

When there is no traffic- Shannon

Creating a chat room and having the funniest instant messenger convo with my friends, just like we're 19 again. - Lacey

Nannying at someones house and you look in their freezer and they have ice cream!- Shannon

Finally watching The Departed after having it for 2 months! It was so good! - Lacey

Seeing how excited Dean got for a free toy from the Cheerios box. - Lacey

Tax returns! - Lacey


This kinda love










5 comments:

beeswax said...

Even more awkward for Mom's Arm Wrestling, is that it took place at a Wedding!!! (one of them was me ;})
Too funny!! getting locked out of the office with someone on hold, ha ha ha.
Awesome winner, the picture of Dean and Sandy the dog.

Keri@GlamorousArmy said...

How weird is it that I am still wondering how you managed to get IN the hammock drunk? I can barely get in those things sober. lol. Seeing you guys makes me miss my cousins. Family is an AWESOME thing.

Alynne Leigh said...

awww.
that kind of love.
precious (:

LoveLife{s.a.h.m.} said...

loved the dog story!!!!

http://sahm27.blogspot.com/

cajunlicious said...

Hi! Following you from Awkward & Awesome Thursday! I Hope you visit my Cajun blog and return the follow!
- Jessica @ http://cajunlicious.com