Friday, January 28, 2011

Super Model!!!

For the last 2 years I have been a nanny and in November 2010 I decided that I had to try to get a different job where I am dealing with adults!  Its fun to be around kids but not all the time, a person can only take so much “FUN” ha ha.

A week ago I started a part time job as an office support type person, the job is normally for an intern but because the intern they are expecting won’t be here till March a friend has asked me to fill in, knowing I am looking for an office job. 

The great thing about going to work everyday besides getting out of the house and being around other people is getting dressed!  I never thought I would say that but I now love trying to put cute stylish outfits together.  When I was younger and in high school I wore the same thing everyday, jean shorts and a shabby t-shirt I guess cause I wanted to blend in, but now I love standing out by trying to be stylish.

I have started to look at lots of fashion blogs for inspiration but the funny thing is I never really copy any of the outfits, I guess its because I am working with what is in my closet.

Here are some of the outfits I have put together and worn in the last few weeks.



The funny thing is I take all my own photos of my outfits when I get home from work, so I have to balance the camera on a chair or the ground and hit the timer button then run and pose before the picture takes lol.  Maybe one day I will have a post with all my bad pictures so everyone can get a good laugh.

Lacey shares all the good blogs she finds with me and I try to share the few she hasn't already found with her as well.  This morning she sent me this blog challenge and I think it is great!  The Challenge is 30 for 30!
Here are the rules:

1. Pick 30 items or less from your closet. Shoes are included, but accessories and jewelry are not.

2. Remix the 30 items into 30 different outfits.

That's it! Well not entirely so..

3. Don't shop for 30 days


I am excited about this challenge because it will force me to really work with what I have and the DON'T shop part will be easy because I have no money ha ha ha!

Have a good weekend, Shannon

1 comment:

Lacey said...

Love the outfits Shannon! Can't wait for your 30 for 30 posts. I know I would be a total failure if I tried, I always get frustrated with my clothes haha. But maybe I will just challenge myself to not shop for clothes for 30 days. That would be SOOO hard for me!