Thursday, January 27, 2011

Camera strap and a stencil project

Over the past year or so I have discovered my crafty side. Guess it's true you turn into your mother, mine is quite the crafter! Brandon and I bought our house at the beginning of 2009 and it was a filthy, stinky, hideous thing. I wasn't a do-it-youselfer yet and wasn't sure how I was going to live in such a place. The bathroom was one of the biggest transformations. It grossed me out so much I refused to shower barefoot, no matter how much I bleached and scrubbed. All the work was done by the hubby with the help of our friend Bob. Even though we still aren't done (install light fixture, back splash and finish baseboard) here is a taste of how grody this place was -

(click pictures to enlarge)


We moved the plumbing around to give us room for a bigger sink.
I will post more house makeovers later, most rooms are still works in progress.

My mom brought me a huge trash bag full of material scraps so I have been trying to think of things to make. I had been eyeing a camera strap for my Canon for a few weeks but couldn't justify spending the money for something I don't need, although I want everything =)

I found this tutorial and decided to make one with my scraps. It was really easy!


My little model. Ugh, seriously I'd trade a pinky toe for a cute little button nose like that.

Next up is a stencil project I did in the white space behind those pictures.

I got inspiration from this picture I saw while shopping at Target. 
I found a printable stencil on this blog that I used on my side table awhile back. I love the print so decided to use it again. Here are the supplies needed -

 I found the center of the area and started tracing, tracing and tracing all the live long day. After you trace, you paint all the live long night.
The yellow table in the corner has the stencil on top. Please excuse the pile on the floor, that's my material scraps.


I love how it turned out!


Lacey

6 comments:

beeswax said...

Lacey, that is so cute!! Everything!! The camera strap, the stenciling on the wall. And cute Dean, looking just like a professional photographer. I love it.
Kathy

Shannon Olson said...

That is such a cute picture of Dean!!!! He looks so sweet! I also love that stencil idea you are so brave to just jump in try something new!

Terry said...

Not only is the bathroom soooo much better...the design behind your art wall is fantastic. It gives it so much more personality. Great job.

Kathy@DandelionsandDustBunnies said...

I am trying to figure out what to put on the huge wall above my couch and this is a great idea!!! Thanks for sharing. Love the stenciling. I may have to copy this in the near future - now my wall is just sitting bare.

Girls Gone Bloggin' said...

Thanks for the comments!

Kathy - If you do it I would love to see it! I'm adding you to my reader =)

Kate said...

Where are those striped curtains from!??!!? I love them!!! I'm new to the blog so I haven't had a chance to do a lot of digging around for an answer. And I'm forwarding the pic idea to a friend who was just asking how to "clear up the picture frame clutter" from her fireplace.